NCL accords the highest importance to any confidential data received from the customers. Some of the steps that NCL undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of customer's data are the following:
- NCL refrains from working with customer's competitors in similar areas.
- NCL signs a secrecy agreement with customer's guaranteeing protection of data disclosed to them.
- NCL executes a back to back secrecy agreement with its scientists to ensure the confidentiality of information.
- All Information received from customers is handled only on a "need to know" basis within NCL.
- Research students are not engaged in projects sponsored by industrial customers.
- NCL does not divulge the details of the project by descriptive project titles in its internal correspondences/ documentation. Only a broad title is used in all its in-house documentation.
- NCL withholds printing of information related to such projects in its annual reports and other reports to external agencies.
- All external communication related to such projects in the press, media, seminar presentation and publication are undertaken only with the express written approval of the Divisional Head and Director.
- Research notebooks and records are held as confidential documents. Access to these records is provided only by proper authorization.
- NCL management strives for high standards of personal and professional ethics in its contract research/consultancy assignments. In pursuing such assignments care is taken to avoid "conflicts of interests".