In this procedure unless the context otherwise requires:
- 'CSIR' means the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research and shall include its
offices/Laboratories/Institutes located in New Delhi and in other parts in the territory of
- 'Employee' for this purpose means an employee of the CSIR.
- 'Grievance' means complaints affecting an individual employee, in respect of his :
- training opportunities
- research facilities
- completion of probationary period/confirmation (except any decision of a duly
constituted committee in accordance with the provisions of Bye- Laws/Rules
regarding completion of probationary period/confirmation).
- promotions/recruitments (except the promotions/recruitments made on the
recommendations of Departmental Promotion Committee/ Selection Committee, in
accordance with the provision of the Bye- laws/Rules).
- Other working conditions.
Where the grievance is of general applicability or of collective nature, it shall fall outside
the scope of this procedure